Romantic Getaways in Cancun and The Riviera Maya
Cancun and Riviera Maya are perfect places to share an unforgettable sunset, sail through the waters of the Caribbean Sea, wander on a paradisiacal island and even get lost in the jungle swimming in a cenote (sinkholes). Without a doubt, any of these activities are capable of bringing up a romantic atmosphere just ideal to share these moments with your significant other.
When it comes to romantic destinations or destinations for couples in Mexico, the Caribbean Coast is on the top of the list. It is not a coincidence that the wedding planning industry has experienced a significant growth in Cancun and Riviera Maya in the last decade. Both local and international couples consider these tourist destinations as perfect places to celebrate an event that will mark the rest of their lives.
But, don’t get us wrong, not all the romantic activities in Cancun and Riviera Maya are focused on weddings, marriage proposals or honeymoons. You can also take advantage of these places in a more casual fashion: the romantic getaways.
This traveling concept consists of short trips (a weekend, for example) in which the main purpose is to enjoy life with your couple leaving behind your job, the stressful rhythm of the city and even your kids. It’s a perfect way to celebrate anniversaries or birthdays, even just doing it with no particular reason. These getaways are all about reconnecting you’re your significant other, just as it was your first date.
Some of the main factors to consider for an unforgettable romantic getaway in Cancun and the Riviera Maya are:
With the immense variety of hotels and resorts available in Cancun and Riviera Maya, couples will surely find one that exceeds all their expectations.
Many hotels offer accommodation packages specifically designed for a romantic weekend. These packages include services such as: dinner on the beach, spa, in-room amenities (champagne, floral ornaments, candles), among others.
Some of the hotels where you can find this type of packages are:
- Le Blanc Spa Resort
- Live Aqua Beach Resort
- Ritz-Carlton Hotel
- Paradisus Cancun
- Sun Palace
- Excellence Playa Mujeres
- Secrets Maroma Beach
- Dorado Seaside Suites
- El Dorado Maroma
- Rosewood Mayakobá
- Azulik Tulum
- Nizuc Resort & Spa
There is a wide variety of activities that are perfect to share as a couple and that will surely become great memories:
- Jungle tour. This activity is about boarding and driving a speedboat. It’s just for two people. You can sail around different areas, from mangroves to reefs. Your speedboat will be closely followed by a guide boat.
- Skyrider. It is a parasailing activity. In this one, you get on a two-passenger seat vehicle attached to a parachute. So, for those couples looking for adventure activities this is just perfect.
- Diving & snorkeling. These activities are an amazing opportunity to share a unique moment under the sea. If you and your couple are attracted to exploring the wild, this is going to be very interesting.
Some of the tours specifically designed for couples who want to have a dreamily experience are:
- Pirate Ship. In this one, you and your couple will get on a pirate galleon. The tour includes a pirate show with music and fireworks, a delicious and elegant gourmet dinner mounted on the third deck of the ship and deluxe open bar service.
- Yacht rentals. Another very attractive alternative is to rent a yacht and spend a day at the sea, enjoying the sunset close to the reefs. In addition, services such as chef on board, diving, snorkeling and landing on virgin beaches can be included.
- Columbus Lobster Dinner Cruise. This is a unique romance tour in Cancun. It offers a very special way to spend an evening, surrounded by beautiful landscapes, live saxophone music, wine and a delicious dinner.
These are some of the alternatives that Cancun and Riviera Maya offer to couples looking for a romantic getaway.