Water Activities in Cancún y Riviera Maya
Cancun has several miles of beaches surrounded by an impressive turquoise blue sea. Depending on the area where your hotel or resort is located you can enjoy a more relaxed sea or a rougher one. In general, the ocean zone in which Cancun is located allows you to enjoy the location in such many way as you can imagine:
- Catamaran tours. It is an ideal activity to relax and enjoy sharing the ride with friends, family or, even, with other group of people which may be ideal to make new friends. This recreational activity usually includes open bar and a meal service. It can last a few hours, or in if you are in a private tour, you can spend all day wandering the sea. Depending on the type of tour, it may include a stop at Isla Mujeres.
- Kitesurfing. Do you want to dominate the waves and ride the wind? This is the activity for you.
- Kayak y Paddle boarding. The sea in the coast of Cancun, especially in the area that faces Isla Mujeres, is calm enough to get on a kayak or a paddle board. Then, you will be able to explore the sea beyond the beach. It is a recreational activity that hotels usually offer to their guests.
- Isla Contoy. Among the most attractive tours in terms of exploring places beyond the coast, Isla Contoy stands out because of its beauty as a Protected Natural Area. But you have to consider that there are only 200 allowed per day for visitors, so your visit needs to be planned with enough days in advance to secure a place.
- Aquatic shows. Get on a pirate galleon and jump back in time to the age when the shores of the territory that we know as Cancun were besieged by buccaneers searching for treasures. You will enjoy a pirate show with music with drinks (open bar) and food included. In this recreational activity there is a modality in which it is possible to make the trip with your couple in a more romantic atmosphere.
- Jetpack. . Have you ever considered being able to walk on the sea? In case you said yes, JetPack is the adventure activity you were looking for. In this activity, you will not only discover what it is like to stand on water but also the sensation of propelling yourself with the power of water and rising a few meters above the sea.
- Swimming with sea animals. Cancun and the Riviera Maya are such privileged destinations to learn more about all the aquatic species that live in the calm waters of the Caribbean Sea. There is a wide diversity of tours that offer different experiences such as swimming with turtles, dolphins or even whale sharks. The best thing is that you will do it with animals that are in the wild totally free.
- Diving and Snorkeling. The calm Caribbean waters that surround Cancun are not only famous for their color but for their fauna and flora. Give yourself the opportunity to explore them and make a lifetime memory in the underseas. This activity requires a trip to Isla Mujeres or Cozumel, so it is best to start it as early as possible.
- Floating park. An ideal recreational activity for children and young people. This park is located on Playa Langosta in the hotel zone of Cancun.
In addition to these recreational activities at the sea, visiting public beaches is another option. Some of the most famous public beaches in Cancun are: Playa tortugas, Playa delfines, Playa Gaviota Azul and Playa Marlin. In the post about beaches we talk a little more about them. In each of these locations you can find different entertainment options or you can simply spend some time sunbathing and relaxing.